Saturday, May 27

Good Neighbors, indeed!

Out in Allentown last night to watch the Sabres game (you guessed it, Beedow's a fairweather fan), I was so happy to see the truth behind one of our city's mottos... the city of good neighbors. Well, the kitchen at Colter Bay was out of bleu cheese, so the manager walked down the street to Gabriel's Gate (where we ended up eating, only because there was a thirty minute wait at Colter Bay) and asked if he could borrow a tub of it. He'd return it tomorrow, he explained. The hostess checked to see what their stock was like, and, turns out there was enough to share. It was a great moment in life's notebook. Unfortauntely, the Sabres were slaughtered in an embarrassing "game;" I'd call it a massacre.

Here, a watercolor (by Dr V Roger Lalli) of Buffalo's Anchor Bar, where chicken wings--and dare I say bleu cheese as well--became famous.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I guess I'm a fairweather fan as well. Or, at least, I have more interest in how the Sabres are doing presently. Although, I like to think I'm offering moral support because I didn't realize at first that they made it to the final 4 teams in the playoffs. So that's an achievement!

Anyways, just wanted to thank you for listing my two blogs! Cripes, I suppose I should update some more now...

Hope to see you at some point this summer!

Beedow said...

indeed! a friend with a blog is a friend to be listed here and seen at some point. i'll be away most of the summer, but will be back in the fall. seeing your wife this week it looks like.