Monday, June 5

Rats paraded a rap star

No matter how many times you put the word POP next to itself in succession, it will always remain a palindrome.

"We've been excited about it for months," explained a forty-five year old woman from Wichita in the Daily News. Her family had gotten tickets to see the critically panned Three Days of Rain. Sure, it was Broadway's hottest ticket. Sure, playwright Richard Greenberg and actors Paul Rudd and Bradley Cooper, not to mention director Joe Mantello had a good thing going ... oh! that's right. It was the Julia show and no one could forget about it.

What sort of a society is this? People spend months waiting to see a movie star? Come on, America. That's wacko. I know, I know, people think movie stars are the greatest thing -- and, I'm sure if I were one, I would too -- but they're just human. It's the brilliant Mr Shatner that explains it in his album, Has Been, that "just because you've seen me on your TV / Doesn't mean I'm any more enlightened than you ... Sorry to disappoint you / But I'm real." No need to go gaga over seeing one of them, or worse, waiting months to see one. For goodness sake, no one's going to wait in line to see you, honey.

Today: birthday greetings to Anybodys.
Tomorrow: watch out for the devil monster beast.
Soon: How does Antoinette Perry feel about Canadians? (in my ongoing personal quest for The Drowsy Chaperone's legacy)

No comments: