Tuesday, January 1

Be Great in Oh Eight

With the dawning of a new year upon us, we take a mo' to pause and consider...

I had one official resolution for 2007, and I failed - miserably. All I asked was that I learn the guitar. Alas, I picked up a guitar maybe three or four days in the entire year. So, in 2008, I will once again make the attempt, although, maybe if I don't make it an official resolution, I won't be pressured, and then I'll be able to actually do it. So, it's a "back burner resolution" if you will (and if you won't, then poop to you).

My official resolution? Officially? What about only eating fast food as many times I can count on my fingers or less. That sounds good. I had an egregious amount of it last night before our sold-out performance (the only such performance of the whole run down here in Sunny Land), and I felt poopy. Literally and figuratively. So, yes, that's it. Okay. Maybe make it twelve times at the most, which would give me a double quarter pounder with cheese once a month this year... that sounds reasonable for a guy who was eating it a WAY LOT more than that in years past.

I'm also going to
- drink more water
- do more crunches
- take a dance class
- get a voice teacher
- do a fringe/festival show this summer instead of doing crappy stock jobs
- invite an agent to said fringe/festival show
- sign with agent
- keep my "chords of steel" healthy and in shape
- not be depressed* (i.e. not drink alone in excess)
- travel/visit/spend time with my friends, even if it costs money, because there's no time to waste
- blog more often (i.e. at least once a week. at least.)

* 2007 was the Year of Small Audiences and Depressing Days. I refuse to let both of those things happen again. I basically have zero control over the size of the audiences I perform for, [and no, I don't care that I use dangling modifiers] so I won't harp on it. Which means I MUST control the depressing days, and that just means being happy and positive and getting up on the right side of the bed -- which could technically be the left side, depending on whether I'm at home or in a hotel or on vacation or ... well, you get the point. So far, 2008 has started out better than many many past years, which I am grateful for.

2 comments:

J.J. said...

I love your last two resolutions.

Let us make 2008 the Year of Love.

Anonymous said...

For God' Sake!
Rent a room, you two!