Saturday, November 24

Rambling Holidays

There's nothing quite like this week of Thanksgiving. Seriously.

It begins with anticipation - the eagerness for fun, family, food, friends, and naps. I start getting excited on Monday or Tuesday. Then, one has to worry about traveling, and getting those activities in order: plane tickets, cab fare, putting all your shampoo into little tiny bottles and then into plastic bags, getting to the airport exceedingly early, only for there to be no line and then you have to sit at the gate for over two hours before they even board your darn plane...

Then comes Wednesday, the biggest bar night of the year. We've been celebrating Big Wednesday for a few years now. This was certainly a good one - our friends stayed out with us instead of running home to the comfort of their blankies.

Thursday is the day of the turkey, of course. It's fun to watch relatives with hangovers deal with their little cousins. Muhahahaha.

And then just the days of meeting friends, having a good time...

I'm realizing this is a rambling, lousy post, so I'll stop. At least I won about $40 playing poker last night.

1 comment:

-- Kaela -- said...

So glad you wrote back!

Looks like life is going quite well for you and I am happy to see it.

I remember you singing that song...believe it or not, I searched for it for a long ass time because it was always in my head, but didn't know how it went, (if that makes any sense). I look forward to the show opening finally in NY next season, of course I won't be there to see it, but perhaps an album will ensue.

Hope you are well and I hope to catch up soon.
drop me an email sometime, friend. It would be nice to chat with you, not in blog form. :O)
kaela*