Tuesday, December 5

Sorkin's Stellar

Wow, that image is a lot smaller than I thought it would be. Anyway, last night's STUDIO 60 ON THE SUNSET STRIP was as good as they've been. If the current developing plot lines can't get and/or keep a viewership, we've got problems in America. How can SUPERNANNY survive season after season, and a top-notch hour of television like STUDIO 60 struggle even to the halfway point of its first season? It's a depressing state of affairs I see.

I don't think it hurts that I'm also a little bit, a little bit in love (name that lyricist...) with all four major characters. Bradley Whitford, Matthew Perry, Sarah Paulson and Amanda Peet are all really excellent in their roles. The dialogue is sharp, well executed and precise. The staging looks effortless, and is brilliantly manuevered. They're all gorgeous people, too, which doesn't hurt.

In fact, I wrote in my little pink diary last night about Paulson (and Ellen Pompeo) who has just the most wonderful mouth/lips. Sue me, sue me, what can you do me... (how about that lyricist?)

Tom also wrote about STUDIO 60 back in October.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh! The GUYS AND DOLLS dude!
Frank Loesser?
Don't recognize the "little bit, little bit..." Not even a little bit.

I crack myself up.

But clue me in, seriously.

Beedow said...

Loesser. Right. One of the theatres few triple threats. Although the triple threat (book, music and lyrics) was for HAPPY FELLA, not G&D, in which case the book was by Jo Swerling and Abe Burrows.

"mmm, I'm a little bit in love..." is WONDERFUL TOWN, music by Bernstein, lyrics by the late, great team of Betty Comden and Adolph Green.

Thanks for playing.